ClaimWizard is excited to announce that we will be returning to and exhibiting at this year’s WIND Conference January 19 – 22, 2015 at the The Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The annual WIND Conference provides educational and networking opportunities for windstorm and related property insurance professionals. It is the only conference of its kind focusing solely on windstorm claim issues and is geared to many different levels and professions in the industry. The ClaimWizard team will be exhibiting in Booth #219, demonstrating the software platform, and answering questions on how our solution can best serve your claim adjusting business.
When that many people converge in one place to conduct business, it can easily become overwhelming for the attendees to stay focused. Below are some tips that our conference veteran (and Sorceress Of Marketing & Education) Lynette has put together to help you get organized.
Before the WIND Conference:
- Review the WIND Conference program in detail. You want to maximize your time and go to the best breakout sessions for your needs. It’s also a good idea to learn about the speakers ahead of time as you may want to connect with them.
- Research conference vendors ahead of time – and reach out via email, Twitter or LinkedIn. Set up a 10-15 minute meeting during a break or in their expo booth. That way, you won’t have to scramble and compete to get their attention once at the conference.
- Freshen up your materials. Be sure to restock your business cards (and check for accuracy) as well as thinking through your ‘elevator pitch’ and the goals you have for the conference.
During the WIND Conference:
- Talk to the people sitting next to you. The person next to you could be where your next large piece of business will come from!
- Be sure to attend all the conference functions such breakfasts and cocktail mixers. The best person-to-person networking comes from these type of situations when you are able to talk more freely than in sessions.
- Take plenty of notes, even if you think the topic doesn’t apply to your business right now. There is no substitute for being prepared for future business growth!
After the WIND Conference:
- Make sure to follow up. If you meet interesting people or vendors and don’t follow up, you are missing out on a big benefit of the WIND Conference. Own the follow up after you meet people and send them an email telling them how much you enjoyed talking with them, and plan for future discussions.
If you would like to schedule a time to meet one-to-one with ClaimWizard at the WIND Conference, feel free to send Lynette an email.