ClaimWizard continually adds new features and improves existing ones.
Here is a list of recent updates:
April 4, 2017
- Added a management-level option in the Action Items Workbench to change the view between all upcoming action items and just those that are assigned to the user.
March 5, 2017
- Enhanced claim alerts and conditions to require that the claim be in specific claim phases. Also added the option to specify that a claim must not be in a phase for the alert or condition to exist.
- Added a new formatting option to the document template engine that will spell out state names
- Enhanced the document template engine to support conditional template fields that let you control what is displayed and when.
- New template field added to populate a list of policyholder names derived from the main client and any contacts that are flagged as policyholders.
- Improved rendering of inline attachments and conversation threads in archived emails
- File sharing: added the option to share a file as an email attachment, as opposed to a link to the file sharing portal.
- Added a new format option to document template fields called “stripped” which will remove spaces and punctuation (e.g. dashes, periods, parenthesis, hashes) from the printed value. This is useful in cases where carriers require a claim or policy number without the punctation.
December 23, 2016
- A new field has been added to action items called “Waiting For”. This enhancement helps to make action items even more useful by making it easy to keep track of dependencies or bottlenecks that are preventing an action item from being marked as completed. “Waiting For” can be found in an action item’s details as well as a new column on the Action Item Workbench
December 21, 2016
- Added a quick filter to the client property portfolio to make it easier to find properties in large portfolios.
- New client field: “On Behalf Of”
December 18, 2016
- New report added: Logged Claims by Vendor
- Second email field added to client master record
- Added the ability to transfer a claim from one client property to another. For uses that are authorized for this feature, this option is available in the claim’s menu.
- Added a tag to the client header area to indicate whether the contact is an actual client or a prospect, as well as showing the number of open and total claims.
December 4, 2016
- An option has been added to the Open Claims Workbench that lets you select which columns to display. You can access this by clicking on the “Options” button on the Workbench toolbar.
- To help further classify claims and distinguish related claims from one another, we have added a “nickname” field to the claim summary. This is also useful for grouping claims into projects.
October 27, 2016
- Client contacts can now be assigned to different properties, making it possible to designate points of contact and responsibility.
- Added new fields for clients and company contacts for nickname, occupation, and business type.
- Added the ability to designate the owner of a client relationship.
- Multiple date formats are now supported in the user preference settings.
October 25, 2016
- Added new claim activity events and claim alerts to support managed repairs. (A big thank you to our customers for this suggestion.)
October 24, 2016
- Added over 100 new document template fields.
- Added a new claim phase option, “Denial Dispute”
October 4, 2016
- Tracking of tolling dates has been added as well as two new reports for claims with tolling dates, both open and/or due soon. The document template service has also been enhanced to support this new feature.
September 22, 2016
- Added new categories for external companies/vendors:
- A/C Contractor
- Mold Remediation
- Mold Testing
September 17, 2016
- Two new starting conditions have been added to default action items. You can now create default action items that will be added to a claim when it has been closed or cancelled. This enhancement will enable you to auto-assign tasks such as sending a thank you letter, generating a customer satisfaction survey, or creating ticklers for follow-ups.
September 8, 2016
- By popular request, the carrier claim number has been added to the Summary section of the claim and can be edited there. This is in addition to its previous location in the Insurer and Policy section. Changing the number in one location will cause it to change in the other.
August 25, 2016
- New login screen
- New report to view a list of completed action items
- Extension of the claim PDF export to adjuster-level users
August 11, 2016
- Added notification instructions to be displayed with carrier contact information.
August 4, 2016
- New document template fields have been added to support the totaling of policy limits. Some grouped reports have been upgraded to support advanced sorting and exporting.
July 28, 2016
- New fields have been added to claims to track the day and time of intial contact with the policyholder.
June 10, 2016
- New filtering options have been added to the claim activity log view that will let you decide whether to display email and file archive activity.
June 6, 2016
- Added the ability to identify the event associated with a loss. Now you can associate claims by CAT events and other similar criteria. For example, being able to mark your claims as being related to Hurricane Katrina. Also added the ability to indicate whether a loss is a FEMA claim. New reports have been added to easily identify FEMA claims as well as grouping them by an event. This applies to both open and historical claims. Added an option to the claim’s loss details to indicate whether a property is habitable.
June 1, 2016
- Over 50 new document template fields have been added to support the addressing of documents to homeowner associations and property management companies.
May 2, 2016
- ClaimWizard now supports message archiving! You can store emails with claims and view them as part of their activity log. Claims can now be updated by sending a text message from your phone – including pictures! Visit the ClaimWizard Academy for the user guide that shows you how to use these great new features. Huge thanks to all of our clients and Early Access Program participants who helped to makes this feature a success.
April 5, 2016
- Added new categories for external companies/vendors:
- Inventory/Contents Specialist
- Property Management
- Temporary Housing
April 1, 2016
- Over 20 new document template fields added to support the display of settlement details as a list. View the Document Template User Guide in the ClaimWizard Academy for details.
March 6, 2016
- Added support for written currency values in the document template engine. View the Document Template User Guide in the ClaimWizard Academy for details.
February 23, 2016
- Added over 50 new fields to the document template engine.
- Added support for staff titles for use in generated documents.
February 8, 2016
- Added additional options and information sections to the client portal. Two of these allow the client to view entries from the claim log, either all entries or just specific ones. To support this, a new option has been added to log entries that let you mark the entry as being ‘public’. When marked public and the option to display public entries is selected in the portal configuration, those items will be viewable.
- The claim ledger has been updated to show all settlement offers that have been accepted.
- A new report has been added to show a total of all payments received from a carrier during a specific date range.
January 17, 2016
- Improvements to full name search
- Added a new company role – Apprentice (Adjuster)
- External companies listed on a claim can now be clicked for additional details
January 12, 2016
- Added title and organization name fields to client contacts to make each contact’s role clearer.
- Added an additional field to aid in the status tracking of individual proof of loss requests.
January 4, 2016
Two new features to kick off the new year!
- Files can now be shared via email with your clients and vendors via a direct link to the file(s).
- An enhancement has been made to insurance policy details to specify additional limits and deductions on a policy.
December 7, 2015
- Updated training videos are being rolled out to ClaimWizard customers
November 26, 2015
A huge update for ClaimWizard! We have added several new features, improved on some existing ones, and made some visual changes to help improve your experience. Key new features include:
- You can think of action items as a to do list for claims. Each claim has its own list of tasks that can be added and tracked. They can have due dates and, for companies that have larger staff, can be assigned to different users, groups and roles. A new view has been added to the Workbench to help work through upcoming action items. The real power with them, however, is that default action items can be created that are assigned to claims in response to various events. You also have the ability to specify that certain things should happen when an action item is completed or becomes overdue. Collections of default action items let you specify a workflow process and different workflows can be created for different types of claims.
- Policyholders now have the ability to access a client portal that provides them with summary information, a basic status of their claim, and the ability to upload files. New configuration options are available to allow you to tailor the portal to your needs (and comfort level).
- The concept of a claim phase has been added that makes it easier and quicker to determine where in the settlement process the claim is. These are also used to drive the client portal and other features in the system including action items. We will be expanding on claim phases and their uses in future updates. A visual timeline of a claims progress through the settlement process has also been added.
And So Much More!
- The update also includes the addition of more fields to policyholders and claims, a streamlined approach to updating claim statuses and file uploads, a new photo gallery viewer that allows you to view all photos that have been uploaded to a claim easily, enhanced search, plus a whole lot more.
August 20, 2015
- New Report: Claims with Pending Settlements
- New Report: Claims with Open Proofs of Loss
August 2, 2015
- Agencies can now be tracked as external personnel on claims.
- New companies can now be added directly from within a claim.
- New Carrier Personnel types have been added.
August 1, 2015
- We have added a new section to ClaimWizard called “The Library.” The Library features informative and educational materials from selected organizations. Our first contributor is the Merlin Law Group!
July 4, 2015
- We have added a new company personnel role when assigning staff members to a claim. The new role, “Contract Signer”, allows you to distinguish sales representatives/solicitors from another person to be credited with bringing the policyholder to contract.
July 3, 2015
- We have added colored flag icons to the file number column. This is to help identify claims with Claim Alerts more easily, especially when the alerts are off-screen. The file column has also been changed to the first column by default. You can still re-arrange columns to your liking.
June 22, 2015
- We have made some important changes to how claim settlements are tracked. Settlements can now be tracked individually and have their own section in the claim.
- Loss details have been moved to the Claim Summary section to make them more accessible.
- Settlements can be classified, have individual progress status, and support individual holdback, prior payment, and applied deductible amounts. When recording a settlement payment in the Claim Ledger, the payment can be distributed among individual settlements.
- Reports have been substantially improved and updated to take advantage of our new report engine and a new report viewer has been added that now provides filtering of results, sorting, and various export options.
- New claim and financial reports have been added.
- Individual claims can be pinned to the dashboard for fast access. To pin a claim, click on the claims “Watch” button.
- Increased the geographical accuracy of reports relying on mapping data.
- System search has been enhanced for insurance carriers, mortgage companies, and external parties to search by contact name and contact phone number.
February 10, 2015
- We have made some small visual changes to a few of the claim sections in order to make them easier to read.
February 4, 2015
- For our administrative and executive-level users that also have claims assigned to them, we have added a filter to the Workbench that will allow them to switch between all claims in the pipeline and just those claims that have been assigned to them. This was the result of a suggestion from one of our users and we’d like to say “Thank You” for the great idea!
January 18, 2015
- We have deployed more servers and increased our capacity in order to provide a more reliable and faster system.
January 15, 2015
- The file management screens for claims and clients have been optimized to provide greater power and flexibility. Browsing through large sets of files is now easier and the performance of large file lists have been greatly improved. You can also move, delete and download multiple files at once. Collections of files are downloaded as ZIP archives.
- To improve performance thumbnails are no longer displayed by default in the file browser. Thumbnails can still be enabled by selecting them on the file browser’s toolbar.
- We have made a change to how claim log entries are created for uploaded files. In order to make the claim activity log more manageable, entries will no longer be created for each individual file uploaded. Instead, uploads will be consolidated into single entries within 15 minutes after the files have been uploaded. This will provide a window during which to upload a large collection of files while still making sure that the activity log does not get overrun with multiple status entries.
- This update also adds the Insurance Carrier to the Workbench, adds more fields to the document template library, more performance and usability enhancements and addresses various other issues.
December 6, 2014
- New reports have been added to the Staff section to make it easier to view claims assigned to a particular staff member.
- Claim File Numbers can be renumbered.
December 1, 2014
- Custom claim activity events can now be created to customize how ClaimWizard tracks your claims and alerts you to important and changing conditions! This feature is available to management users (e.g. admin, office manager, executive) and can be accessed from the Admin section.
November 18, 2014
- Email notifications are now live for adjusters. You can access your email subscription preferences by editing your user profile. Your user profile is accessible from the menu in the top-right corner, where your name is displayed.
- Support for third-party companies on the carrier’s side has been added.
- Also in this update is support for a new user access role named “Observer”. This is a read-only role and is intended for auxiliary support personnel such as marketing and auditing staff.
November 6, 2014
- We have made a few small changes to the Fast Entry and New Claim wizards that will improve the user experience for those on smaller laptops. We have also added a new tab to the Fast Entry screen to better organize the information being entered.
October 26, 2014
- We have made several usability improvements throughout the system.
October 17, 2014
- We have simplified several of the claim reports and consolidated them into a single new report, Open Claims by Claim Condition.
- We have also made several usability improvements throughout the system.
October 2, 2014
- Claim conditions and alerts can now be customized and new ones can be created. Domain admins and executive-level users will find these editing options in the Admin section. Documentation on how to use this powerful new feature is available in the Admin section.
September 22, 2014
- Claim access permissions have been extended to now support access to “Related Claims”. Please see the Group Permissions settings for more information.
September 20, 2014
We have added some big features to ClaimWizard!
- The Companies section has been expanded to include additional company types. Collectively, these organizations are referred to as “External Companies” and can be assigned to claims. You will find them under a claim’s personnel tab. Not only can you assign external companies to a claim, but you also have the option to designate people within those companies as a point of contact on a claim.
- Independent Adjusters
- Law Firms
- Escrow Providers
- Restoration Companies
- … and more!
- We have also introduced a new approach to tracking phone numbers. Starting with the External Companies, you can add an unlimited number of phone numbers. Phone numbers also support extensions and notes, as well.
September 3, 2014
- We have added a button to the claim header area that will display the Claim Quick View page. Claim and Client note editing have been updated so that editing a note is now done inline with the page, rather than in a pop-up. The “View Contacts” button in the claim header was removed. These were done in response to requests from our customers – keep the suggestions coming!
August 27, 2014
- Claim and Client file areas now support folders. Files can be moved to other folders by dragging them into the desired folder, too. Claim activity log entries will automatically be created whenever a file is uploaded to or deleted from a claim. Improvements to the overall system have been made to better support small mobile devices. New financial reports have been added and improvements have been made to several existing reports.
August 17, 2014
- We have improved navigation on small mobile devices.
August 16, 2014
- We have made significant improvements to the Workbench as well as having added additional support for Claim Alerts and Conditions. The Workbench also now allows you to filter based on claim condition. The “Open Claims” count in the Dashboard will now bring you to the Workbench automatically.
- New reports added.
August 2, 2014
- We have added an option to increase text contrast for our users who may find some text to be too light. You can change the contrast setting from the user menu in the toolbar above.
July 31, 2014
- Several new reports have been added for office personnel that provide a list of clients, claims, and staff based on geographic areas.
- A historical breakdown of cancelled claims has also been added.
July 25, 2014
- We have moved our servers to a new data center. This upgrade will provide greater capacity, performance, and support for our clients.
July 23, 2014
- New reports have been added for office personnel that provide a list of open and historical claims grouped by the Insurer.
July 10, 2014
- A search filter has been added to the Workbench to help you find information faster. You can find it on the toolbar, next to the Print button.
July 6, 2014
- The Report section has been re-designed to provide more space for the report data. The report selector has also been streamlined to make finding reports easier and faster. You can search through reports, too!
July 3, 2014
- Several new reports have been added.
June 21, 2014
- New financial reports have been added.
June 14, 2014
- New editing options have been added to file uploads.
- New reports have been added.
June 8, 2014
- Editing of claim activity entries is now available.
- Improvements to group security management were implemented.
June 5, 2014
- The File Upload dialog has been updated to address a problem that was preventing some users of Microsoft Internet Explorer from dragging and dropping files.
- Progress animation was added to the upload dialog and the drop-target area was enlarged.
June 2, 2014
- Editing of notes for claims and clients is now available.
May 30, 2014
May was a very busy month for the ClaimWizard team!
- A lot of improvements were made behind-the-scenes. These included substantial upgrades to our report engine and letter/form templating tools.
We’ve been getting some great suggestions from our clients thank you!
May 15, 2014
- Several new reports have been added to the Claims Report section.
- Please contact ClaimWizard Support if you are interested in seeing product feature and functionality updates prior to May 2014